If you know us, you know how much we love breakfast food. Specifically eggs and potatoes. The marriage of the two is……… indescribable. Better than strawberries and chocolate, coffee and donuts, or cheese and crackers. In my humble opinion. And depending on my mood, I might argue one day that eggs are better than potatoes. Or that potatoes are better than eggs the next. Each can stand on its own but together. Together they are a perfect marriage. Today I’m all about the potato so I’m sharing my Crispy Breakfast Potatoes recipe. Make these and eat them as a scramble (with eggs) or as a side dish (without eggs). The important thing here is to not miss any of the steps listed below. If you want golden, crispy, salty breakfast potatoes, it takes a little bit of effort for maximum reward. Trust me. You want to eat these.
Crispy Breakfast Potatoes
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 4 large russet potatoes diced
- 3 teaspoons Lowry's Seasoned Salt
- 2-3 tablespoons avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a large sheet pan (I use a half sheet) with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine potatoes with oil and salt until coated evenly. Do not do this on the sheet pan.
- Then transfer the potatoes to the lined sheet pan and spread them out in a single layer. Give them as much space as possible. Avoid overcrowding.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until they start to brown on the bottom. Take them out of the oven and flip over with a spatula. Bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Do this one more time ("take out of the oven and flip over with a spatula...") until the potatoes are golden on most sides. Empty half of the potatoes on a plate covered with a paper towel. And half on another plate covered with a paper towel. When they are piping hot, you do not want the potatoes to steam each other while they are cooling. So give them adequate room by using 2 plates.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Servings : 4
- Ready in : 30 Minutes
- Recipe Type :