There is some controversy over whether or not white potatoes are Paleo. They are high in carb and low in protein and fiber, which makes them a littttttle naughty. However even though my family eats white potatoes, you could easily make this recipe with your favorite variety of sweet potato instead. The secret is to use am immersion blender at the end to make everything extra thick and extra creamy. Purees are also a little trick of mine because it’s so so easy to add a ton of veggies into them, which no one ever notices. Especially little toddlers. Yet it boosts the nutrition by a thousand percent (a rough estimate). So I say bring on the comfort food.
Dairy-Free Creamy Potato Soup Puree
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 6 russet potatoes roughly chopped
- 1 large white onion roughly chopped
- 2 cups carrots roughly chopped
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 2 large garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder (I like the brand Bob's Red Mill)
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Add oil to the bottom of a dutch oven and sauté the onions over medium heat until they start to become transparent. 5 minutes or so.
- Next add the potatoes, carrots, garlic, and 1 tablespoon of salt. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes covered.
- Next sprinkle the arrowroot powder on top of the veggies and melt in the butter. Combine and cook for a minute or so until the arrowroot powder is completely dissolved.
- Next turn the heat up to high and add in the chicken stock, coconut cream, dried rosemary, and spinach. Cook for 15-20 minutes covered until the veggies are soft.
- Turn off the heat and puree (to your liking) the soup with an immersion blender. Taste and season with the remaining tablespoon of salt and teaspoon of freshly cracked pepper. Adjust accordingly.
- Tip: you can top this soup off with chives, green onions, crispy bacon pieces, or even a splash of extra virgin olive oil for extra pizazz and texture.
- Servings : 8-10
- Ready in : 45 Minutes
- Course : Lunch & Dinner
- Recipe Type :