It’s not even spring yet and I’m already dreaming of summer salsa. I threw this together a couple nights ago for “Taco Tuesday” and before we even sat down to eat dinner, Blake had almost demolished the entire bowl. He’s such a sucker for cilantro. And I can’t blame him. Plus this recipe is easy, kid friendly, and so so good. You can find all of the ingredients year round at the grocery store, but in my opinion it does taste best when tomatoes are in season (summer). However, you can’t always get what you want so winter is also absolutely fine. The joys of modern day convenience! This recipe also takes a little bit of prep work but it is ALWAYS worth it in the end. It turns an ordinary Taco Tuesday into an extraordinary Taco Tuesday.
Mild Summer Salsa
- Prep Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes diced
- 2-3 vine-ripe tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup of yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 1/8 cup fresh lemon juice (roughly 2 lemons squeezed)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine all of the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir until well combined. Season with more salt (if necessary).
- Tastes best after the ingredients have marinated in the fridge together for an hour or so.