If you hadn’t already guessed by the name, this smoothie is a cousin to the boozy and delicious Piña Colada. Only my Paleo Colada comes packed with phenolics, flavonoids, and vitamin C, is also non-alcoholic (hoping all of my fellow Paleos out there are cheering instead of booing), and tastes just as creamy, just as decedent, and is even more delicious than the original. In fact, this smoothie is so irresistible, I make it into popsicles for Elsie as “special treats” just to get a break from blending it up every day. The moral of the story is if you’re like me (or if you’re not!), live in the north, and are about as far away from a tropical paradise as humanly possible, make this Paleo Colada and ride the guilt-free waves of healthy eating all day long.
Paleo Colada Smoothie
- Prep Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 cups of frozen pineapple
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons raw honey (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- A pinch of salt
- Combine all of the ingredients into a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- For a fun twist, spoon or pour smoothie into popsicle molds and freeze overnight for a frozen treat the next day.