This recipe was my original claim to fame on my husband’s side of the family. It’s what earned me the “chef” title among them. And it really is a showstopper. There’s minimus effort to it but it’s PACKED with flavor. Mostly from the chipotle in adobo sauce but also from the 8 fresh garlic cloves used. The meat is salty, tender, smoky, and spicy. It’s simply perfect whether served on a taco, over some quinoa, or just by itself. This version of the recipe results in a dryer meat. I also make it in the crockpot which results in a juicer, wetter meat. Both are excellent. If you’re interested in trying it in the crockpot, just add everything into the base and cook on low for at least 8 hours. Then shred the meat while adding the liquid back in by the ladle full. Either way, you can’t go wrong with my Smoky Beef Tacos. They’ll have you smokin’ while you’re making them and while you’re eating them.
Smoky Beef Tacos
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 can of chipotle in adobo sauce (entire can with liquid)
- 8 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 cup of ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 beef chuck roast (around 3lbs)
- 1-1 1/2 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large dutch oven over low heat, add in the can of chipotle in adobo sauce, garlic cloves, ketchup, dried Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, and 1/2 cup of water. Then add your meat and coat both sides of it in the liquid.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Then transfer to the oven.
- After an hour, add in the remaining 1/2 cup of water and continue cooking.
- After another hour, check to see if the meat needs more water. If all the liquid is gone, add in another 1/4-1/2 cup of water and continue to cook for the remaining half an hour.
- Let meat rest for 15 minutes after you've pulled it out of the oven. Then shred with two forks (should fall apart easily). Season with more salt and pepper to taste and serve with taco shells, salsa, lime wedges, and fresh cilantro.
- Servings : 8
- Ready in : 165 Minutes
- Course : Lunch & Dinner
- Recipe Type :