Weirdly enough I grew up on these and they were also one of my favorite snacks. My Uncle Glen first introduced me to them and I’ve never looked back. The key is cooking the green beans just long enough to soften them but not too long so they become mushy. You also need to sauté them at a very high heat in order to blister the skins to get that delicious and irritable smokey flavor from the char. This recipe is easy, healthy, and ready in less than 15 minutes. What’s not to love??
Spicy Green Beans
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2 cups of fresh green beans cleaned and trimmed
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 shishito peppers thinly sliced (can substitute for a green bell pepper)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/4 cup of szechuan sauce (I like the brand The New Primal)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, add the oil and turn the heat on high. When the oil is hot, add in the green beans, shishito peppers (not pictured), salt and pepper to taste, and cover for 5 minutes.
- Uncover and turn the heat off. Add in the garlic and szechuan sauce and cook for an additional 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Pour entire contents from the skillet onto a plate, serve, and enjoy!