I wish I could take credit for this delicious creation but I cannot. It belongs to Blake but since we’re married, what’s his is mine. Or at least sometimes it is. 🙂 He first introduced his Spicy Tuna Salad to me when we were dating and it blew my mind. I had never EVER thought to make tuna salad spicy. Instead I was always adding layers of mayonnaise, mustard, and dill to mine. Still tasted great but was a typical recipe. This recipe is anything but typical. It’s like a mix between Scandinavian and Thai food – sweet, spicy, simple, and flavorful. We enjoy this on crackers, with chips, as an unwich, or on top of sliced cucumbers (my favorite method) and it is DELICIOUS. Every time I eat this it’s like I’m eating it for the first and last time. It’s that good.
Spicy Tuna Salad
- Prep Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 5 oz. can of albacore tuna (I like the brand Wild Planet)
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1-2 tablespoons sriracha (depending on your preferred spice level)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt to taste
- Drain the tuna until there's no more liquid left in the can. Really squeeze the tuna to get out as much liquid as possible. Prevents a "fishy" taste.
- Then dump the tuna into a small mixing bowl and add in the remaining ingredients.
- Mix together with a fork and salt to taste.