Seriously though. They are so easy. And because there’s no dairy or grain in them, they are whipped to perfection with room temperature butter, chicken stock, garlic powder, and salt. That’s it! No messing around. I also love being able to add chicken stock to my mashed potatoes because of all the added nutrients it provides – lots of antioxidants, minerals, and protein. All hail queen chicken stock!! The most versatile pantry ingredient in existence (in my humble opinion). My favorite brand is this one from Costco. But any organic brand will do. Also homemade is even better, you high achievers! I always say the fewer the ingredients, the higher quality you want them to be. Within reason. There’s only one Martha Stewart. Regardless try this recipe and never go back to cream in your starch. Chicken stock all the way, baby.
The Easiest Mashed Potatoes You’ll Ever Make
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 4 large russet potatoes cleaned
- 1 cup of salted butter (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt (see notes below for salting water)
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- Bring a big pot of water to a boil over high heat. Then salt the water (1 tablespoon or so) and add in the potatoes.
- After 20-25 minutes, drain the potatoes and dump them in a large mixing bowl. Add in remaining ingredients and mash with a fork until you've reached your desired texture.
- Season with more salt if necessary. Serve and enjoy.