Another day, another unwich. We seriously eat these all. The. Time. And we can’t get enough of them either. I’ll repost my original unwich recipe here, so you can see how I wrap them using parchment paper. However this unwich combo is new and is also a current favorite, so I knew I needed to share it. Basically anything smothered in pesto is worth eating but, my friends, this is next level good. Try it. Please.
The Ham And Pesto Unwich
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 2-3 tablespoons pesto (homemade or store-bought)
- A handful of cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons of sundried tomatoes
- 6 slices of ham deli meat (I like the brand Metro Deli)
- 2 slices of chicken deli meat
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tear off a piece of unbleached parchment paper that is roughly a foot or so long.
- Start piling up your romaine lettuce closest to you at a diagonal from the corner (so that it's easy to tuck the corner under the unwich when you're ready to roll it up). Keep the leafy parts of the lettuce on the outside and face the core of the lettuce towards each other - one leaf on the left and another on the right slightly on top of each other. Do this 5 or 6 times until you can start layering in the other ingredients.
- Once the foundation of your unwich has been laid, add the pesto sauce liberally.
- Then add the cherry tomatoes (at this point salt and pepper the unwich to taste), sun-dried tomatoes, ham, and chicken deli meat.
- Grab the unwich firmly with your left hand and pull the corner over and under it with your right. Once you do this, you can continue rolling until you meet the other corner of the parchment paper.
- Now cut the unwich in half using a serrated knife and plate it with a side of grain-free chips and pickle.
- Servings : 1
- Ready in : 5 Minutes
- Course : Lunch & Dinner
- Recipe Type :
Hi, my name is Melissa and I’m an absolute food enthusiast! I love making food, trying new food, and above all - eating food. Recently my husband, daughter, and I ...Read more about this chef..