The latest and greatest dinner idea in our house is my Vegetable Hash. You can add any vedge you have to it, throw it in the oven at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes, add a protein on top, and boom. Dinner is done. My favorite vegetable combination is russet potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, and kale. But anything goes. Sweet potatoes, peppers, asparagus, squash, broccoli, spinach, shaved brussel sprouts, whatever you have on hand/or is in season. Use it up. Roast it up. Eat it up.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 3-4 medium russet potatoes diced
- 1 cup of carrots diced
- 1 cup of mushrooms diced
- 2-3 cups of shaved kale
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce (I like the brand Lea & Perrins)
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Season the potatoes and carrots with 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper.
- Then place on a large sheet pan (I use a half sheet lined with unbleached parchment paper) and bake for 20 minutes.
- While the potatoes and carrots are cooking, sauté the mushrooms in butter over medium heat.
- While the mushrooms are browning, massage the kale in the remaining 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. If you've never done this before, add the kale in a large mixing bowl with any type of liquid and massage the leaf for 1-2 minutes with your hands. This step is crucial in breaking down the kale so it's softer, more pliable, and more delicious.
- Once the mushrooms are browned, add in the massaged kale to the skillet and then season with salt and pepper.
- After 20 minutes, check on the potatoes and carrots in the oven. Give them a toss and cook for an additional 5 minutes or so.
- Pull out of the oven and then mix everything together on the sheet pan and serve with grilled chicken, a fried egg, or ground beef.
- Servings : 4
- Ready in : 30 Minutes
- Course : Lunch & Dinner
- Recipe Type :